I thought I would rest the feather motif for a bit and move on to leaves. I used them before on one of my hanging cheesecloth pieces and I thought I would try them a bit smaller. They are made the same way as the feathers, but with added stitched veins. I painted these a bit too aggressively and found them pulling the needle while stitching, which led to snapped thread. By stitching VERY slowly, I mitigated some of the breakage and made it through the thicker paint.
Because I use very tiny appliqué pins to attach the finished piece to the fabric in the shadow box, I put the cheesecloth behind the branch…it hides the pins well.
In the frame and on to Jupiter Fine Art to find a new home…from the studio