I have quilted my painted quilt, SPIRIT SHARDS. The feathers I made and showed in my previous post were very colorful…actually too much so for this quilt. I have used one toward the bottom of the piece, but felt I needed to make an entirely new set of feathers in more neutral tones. VIOLA! They turned out to be just what I was looking for.
I’ve arranged them as I think I want them to be. The photo only shows part of the quilt because I have a call for entry that seems appropriate for this piece and I’m considering entering it for jurying.
I will bind the quilt and sew on the hanging sleeve before I apply the feathers. I am going to shape each feather with some contour stitching, trim the quill end and then attach them by hand with some embroidery along their “spines”. I want them to remain three dimensional…I’ll see how this goes…from the studio